ReVision Energy is a 100% Employee Owned, mission driven, full-service design, engineering, and installation company with an unmatched depth of experience in Northern New England. Our company has been ranked #1 in New England for rooftop solar installation and our work has been featured in industry magazines such as Solar Pro.
Since our founding in 2003, ReVision has grown from two guys in a garage to more than 200 employees across six locations. Our success is centered around a hiring philosophy of attracting exceptional, self-motivated individuals and empowering them to be the best professionals in the industry.
Our Liberty, ME location is looking for a Thermal Installer and Crew Lead for our growing team.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Thermal Installer and Crew Lead is responsible for the highest quality maintenance, troubleshooting and installation of solar hot water systems and air source heat pump systems for our clients. This position includes, but is not limited to, installing and servicing all aspects of solar hot water systems, heat pump water heaters, electric water heaters, and air source heat pumps in both residential and commercial settings. In collaboration with engineering and operations departments, the technician is directly responsible for overseeing installation and servicing of code-compliant systems using company and industry best practices.
Roles and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Work independently and as part of a team to ensure the highest quality installation and service while maintaining established safety standards
- Perform all aspects of service and installation including, but not limited to: plumbing; wiring; using electrical, plumbing, and refrigerant testing equipment; setting roof staging; establishing layout and
performing installation of racking and collectors; and commissioning of solar hot water systems, air source heat pumps, heat pump water heaters, and electric water heaters.
- Maintain a respectful, professional and responsive relationship with customers and co-workers at all times.
- Oversee loading of job specific components to ensure all necessary tools and materials arrive on the job site.
- Generate service and installation reports as well as input relevant information into company database.
- Remain up to date on installation techniques, hardware options, and industry best practices through continued education, industry journals, and trainings
- Previous experience in project management or leadership role in hydronic heating industry. Heat pump experience is a plus but ReVision Energy will train the right applicant in heat pump installation & service.
- Must have excellent customer service skills in every interaction.
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with others.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
- Must be able to comfortably lift 50 lbs, climb ladders, work on roofs and in crawl spaces in varying hot and cold temperatures.
- Familiarity with hand tools and basic construction techniques including plumbing and copper pipe work.
- Excellent teamwork skills– able to establish collaborative working relationships with peers and supervisors.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Computer competence including Excel, Word and other commonly used software, including internet and email.
- Code of Conduct – act accordingly as a guest at our customer’s home.
- Highly organized and can multi-task and set priorities
- Strong desire to work for a renewable energy company, and interest in developing professionally.
Required Licenses or Additional Qualifcations
- Master or Journeyman license: Oil Burner Technician and/or Plumber
- Must have previous experience working in construction; preferably with Plumbing and HVAC
- EPA Universal Refrigeration certification – preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of plumbing drawings, schematics, and instructions
- Must have a clean and valid driver’s record