AlumaSafway has been used by over 50,000 customers – ranging from Fortune 500 companies to local subcontractors. With one of the largest in-house engineering departments in the industry, specialized scaffold options can be designed to meet any challenge. AlumaSafway is a recognized leader, providing scaffolding and access solutions along with specialty services for projects of any size and scope across North America. At any given moment, through our network of approximately 110 branch locations in the U.S. and Canada, AlumaSafway is involved in thousands of exciting projects, from industrial and infrastructure applications to commercial construction.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Rope Access Supervisor to join our growing team on the Irving Oil Refinery Site in Saint John.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage field operations on the Irving Site, ensuring that HSE standards are upheld and operations are conducted to the highest safety standards.
- Providing direction and leadership to Rope Access Technicians to maximize revenue and profitability. Will be accountable for revenue and corresponding profit and loss relating to divisional operations.
- Direct, manage, and coordinate rope access activities to exceed customer expectations. Manage rope access inventory to maximize production efficiency, revenue, and profit.
- Evaluate, monitor, and report contract operating performance data, communicating results to senior management, subordinate managers, and employees. Maintain accurate records relating to matters such as inventory, billed work, hours worked, services produced, and services purchased.
- Provide leadership to and manage the work activities of direct reports (directly) and other branch employees (indirectly). Develop and continuously monitor personal performance management plans.
- Requires education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field
- Requires 10 years specific experience in managing and estimating multi-service rope access projects
- IRATA Level III Rope Access Technician certification required
- Requires strong leadership abilities to inspire and coach employees to accomplish strategic goals and related tasks. This includes abilities that correspond to leadership, such as recruiting, selecting, training, motivating employees, and managing employee performance, developing and executing strategic business plans, and developing and administering operating budgets
- Requires ability to process complex time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, make decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience
- Requires ability to interact with client representatives ensuring AlumaSafway’s professional image and corporate culture is maintained
- Preference will be given to candidates who reside in Saint John, New Brunswick
AlumaSafway is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunity to all individuals. We are also committed to accommodating applicants and employees with disabilities to ensure they have the right tools and support to do their job. We are pleased to offer a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a Group RRSP plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, disability, and paid time off. We support career advancement through professional training and development.