Portland Glass has been doing business in the New England Market for more than 70 years. PG is headquartered in Portland Maine, has 34 shops, 2 fabrication facilities and a contact center.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Voluntary Major Medical
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Uniform Allowance
- Training and other discounts
We are looking for an experienced project manager to work within our growing commercial glass division on large scale development projects. Portland Glass is looking for an employee that is willing to be actively engaged and willing to grow within the company.
The following is compilation of known and anticipated tasks require for this position. The intent of the items below is to provide a guideline for responsibilities.
- Assume responsibility for assigned projects when turned over from estimating
- Take necessary preparation steps to ensure project runs smoothly, such as but not limited to, set up project in system, review and update job cost, release to engineering for shop drawings, prepare submittal log, create timeline of project, prepare projected manpower schedule, prepare schedule of values
- Oversee the procurement of shop drawings and engineering documents as required by contract.
- Establish the schedule for engineering/calculations as required.
- Contact contractor and maintain communication for duration of project
- Oversee purchasing of material and negotiate with vendors for pricing, while maintaining accurate tracking of job.
- Procure and schedule fabrication release package, include manpower requirement
- Material status report, including on-going delivery dates from vendors and fabrication schedule.
- Prepare equipment requirements and schedules
- Prepare all safety sheets, review with project foreman/coordinator
- Mobilize onsite with foreman
- Price and negotiate all change orders, back charges etc.
- Conduct on-going communication with project foreman
- Determine monthly requisition amounts.
- Maintain a file for close out documents then prepare close out package when date of substantial completion is provided.
- Interpret and implement the policies, procedures, and allowances (cost, time, materials).
- Communication directly with vendors and customers to establish strong working relationships.
Skills Required for Performance:
- Ability to work with people:
- Delegation: accomplishing task with coworkers
- Communication: dealing effectively with all members of the department as well as engineering firms, architects, general contractors and suppliers.
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with difficult or complicated communications.
- Microsoft word, Excel, Email / Networking / Project Management Software.
- Experience with handling all phases of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Knowledge of Metal systems, windows and panels.
- Extensive knowledge of Company philosophies and goals.
- Complimentary Computer skills: Estimating software (Partner Pak) CAD
- Successfully bring a project in on budget and maintain a good working relationship with customer to ensure future projects and build customer base.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Normally seated and standing with freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines, equipment, and handling light materials and supplies in a typical office environment and shop setting.
- May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writings.
- Periodic physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must have a clean background and driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher