Posted on behalf of Northeast Paving Company
For over 100 years, the professional men and women of Northeast Paving have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have shaped the landscape of Maine. From large interstate highways to small commercial site development, Northeast Paving employees perform with pride and creativity. We approach every project with a dedication to efficiency, technology and, most of all, safety. Northeast Paving is proud to be a part of this area's history and development, and a partner in Maine’s future.
Provides overall on-site leadership at an asphalt plant site. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in asphalt plant activities.
- Provides direction, training and assistance to a plant crew.
- Ensure progress in meeting time schedules, to detect insufficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Communicates daily with Area Manager or Superintendent to discuss schedule and production needs.
- Assist Area Manager in implementation of cost control measures to meet budgetary requirements.
- Takes measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and crew performance.
- Maintain time and materials records necessary to complete daily job costing.
- Maintains company policy.
- Ensure the safety of plant crew members.
- Ensure quality of the product and collaborate with quality control manager.
- Ensure employees and product maintain compliance with all policies and regulations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Plant Foreman. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees. Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on asphalt plants. Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record required.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Plant Foreman to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
- Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
- Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Plant Foreman encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on a construction site such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and asphalt.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Term Life
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan
- Additional Benefits including wellness coaching, etc..
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.