WHO WE ARE:
NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
- We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
- We’ve successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
- Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking a Mechanic to join our growing team!
Support NRC’s 24/7/365 operations on emergency response, land service and projects. Supports all operations on land and sea.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all NRC equipment remains in compliance of all DOT regulations. Schedules all equipment services and repairs.
- Must produce services and repairs in addition to the following responsibilities.
- Must maintain a positive and motivated shop atmosphere.
- Ability to produce legible paperwork, to include inspection sheets and work orders.
- Prioritize equipment services and repairs in an efficient manner.
- Ensure the production of quality work, safely, in an acceptable time frame.
- Must request several price quotes from vendors on all irregular purchases over $300.00.
- Correct completion of all job-specific, employee related NRC paper work including Timesheets, Daily Work Reports and Daily Tailgate Safety Meeting Forms. Ability to respond to oil /petroleum spill on shoreline and uneven terrain under varying weather conditions.
- Perform daily visual, weekly written shop supply inventory counts. Perform various daily shop, vehicle inspections.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company safety standards.
- Ability to safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Must be able to understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Familiar with all project related forms and documents as well as fully proficient in the layout and operation of Company equipment.
- Must be clean shaven at all times to allow for immediate donning of respirator.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Requires High School or GED (or equivalent reading, writing and reasoning skills) 2-4 years of equipment mechanical experience and related education.
- Journeyman level experience with inspections and repair of tractors, trailers, pickup trucks, some heavy equipment, and small equipment repair.
- Must possess a valid MA State driver’s license, and have the ability to drive NRC equipment per company policies. A commercial driver’s license is a plus.
- Strong electrical, mechanical, diagnostic and repair experience.
- Qualified employees must possess or be able to complete the 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, plus possess 8 hour haz wop refresher certificate, if due.
- Ability to work for extended hours and weekends.
- Ability to travel up to 20% within the domestic US.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verifications throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.