If you are an experienced Glazier and would like to submit your resume for future career opportunities at Portland Glass, submit your application here and specify which locations you are interested in applying to.
Portland Glass has been doing business in the New England Market for more than 70 years. PG is headquartered in Portland Maine, has 34 shops, 2 fabrication facilities and a contact center.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Voluntary Major Medical
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Uniform Allowance
- Training and other discounts
Portland Glass is looking for an employee that is willing to learn the glass trade and grow into an experienced, responsible and skillful glazier.
Areas of Accountability
- Assists with the installation of residential and commercial projects to meet installation specifications and project timelines.
- Willing to learn and demonstrate a high degree of skill in commercial and/or residential glazing projects
- Prepared to learn the overall glass trade and build a career with experienced glaziers
- Completes jobs within the scheduled times as directed by site foreman
- Demonstrates flexibility with regard to job requests and work schedule
- Must be willing to work on the road with a mentor/educator
- Exhibits enthusiasm and a commitment to teamwork
- Follows company safety policies and procedures, including wearing required personal protection equipment
- Demonstrates safe driving practices
- Ensures work is performed in accordance with state and federal safety regulations
- Maintains enthusiasm and friendly nature while interacting with customers, vendors and coworkers
- Maintains a clean work space
- Exhibits a professional image in the areas of personal cleanliness, grooming and company dress standards
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience is preferred, but not necessary
- Evidence of ability to work well with others
- Safety certifications are preferred, but not necessary at time of hire (lift certification, OSHA 10, Fall protection).
- Must possess a strong work ethic, interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Must be honest and trustworthy with a commitment to satisfy all customer needs
- Must have an open mind and willing to learn from experienced team members
- Must be a team player
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
- Freedom of movement on a regular basis, operating office machines, equipment, and handling light materials and supplies in a typical office environment and shop setting.
- May spend extended periods operating desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; and communicating face-to-face, on the telephone and in writings.
- Physical activity requires walking, climbing, bending, standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and stooping.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must have a clean background and driving record.